What part will you play in the future of Calculus learning?
Join us at Castle Point Learning Systems and be part of a team of dedicated individuals as we build out our Gradarius™ Stepwise Calculus Learning Platform.
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team. If you are passionate about STEM education and believe you have something you would like to contribute to our efforts, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Explore our open opportunities listed below.
JOB TITLE: Contract Customer Service Agent
Gradarius Hiring Manager: Chris Mate, Director of Customer Support
Applying: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, please include Careers at Gradarius: Customer Service Agent and your full name.
Castle Point Learning Systems, LLC (CPLS) is the developer of Gradarius™—the world’s first Stepwise Calculus Learning Platform. Gradarius is an innovative online learning platform designed to help students master Calculus concepts for deeper understanding—offering immediate feedback, guiding problem solving, pointing out mistakes and providing hints during each step of the problem-solving process for every problem, any time of the day or night.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as Customer Service Agents— providing guidance, support and assistance concerning the functionality and usability of the platform to Gradarius users at participating pilot institutions.
The successful candidate must have completed at least four semesters of Calculus, be a proficient communicator—verbally and electronically—and have a basic understanding of features and functionality of online customer support technologies. Experience working with Math-based online learning technology and digital content solutions is a plus. This position requires ownership of and proficiency working on a computer, reliable access to the internet and ability to occasionally work hours between 8 pm and 11:00 pm. This is a part-time position requiring availability between 15 and 20 hours a week.
- Interact directly with Gradarius users answering questions—verbally and electronically—concerning the Gradarius platform’s functionality and its assessment of proposed solutions to Calculus problems.
- Answer questions in a pleasant and efficient manner, treating even the most disgruntled customer with calmness and respect. He/She must identify the issues as quickly as possible, offering an appropriate resolution that satisfies the customer and is in compliance with company best practices.
- Organize user feedback as prescribed by management and provide data entry feedback into the Gradarius knowledge database.
- Meet issue processing goals as assigned by management.
- Commit to adherence of assigned work hours.
- The ability to assess and understand questions and describe with clarity the company's prescribed resolution path.
- Be a quick learner who can develop a working knowledge the features and functionality of the Gradarius online Customer Service platform.
- Be a self-motivator who embraces the concept of working remotely without direct supervision.
- Work with Sales and Marketing on the demonstration of Gradarius to potential customers.
- Capable of multitasking.
Education and Experience
The Gradarius Customer Support Agent must have completed four semesters of Calculus and have working knowledge of Calculus, including:
- Intermediate value theorem
- Definition of the derivative, differentiability
- Derivative of functions such as polynomials, exponentials, trigonometric functions
- Rules of derivatives: Product, quotient and chain rule
- Derivatives of inverse functions such as logarithm, inverse trigonometric functions.
- First derivative and second derivative tests
- Curve sketching
- Global maxima and minima, optimization
- Linear approximation
- Measuring distance, definite integral
- First fundamental theorem, second fundamental theorem of Calculus
- Integration methods: Substitution/integration by parts, partial fractions, trig substitutions
- L’Hopital’s rule
- Improper integrals
- Applications of integrals to geometry: volumes of revolutions
- Applications of integrals to physics: work problems
Additional knowledge of the following is beneficial:
- Taylor series
- Lagrange error bound
- Infinite series, such as geometric series, p-series, harmonic series
- Convergence tests: integral test, p-series test, comparison test, limit comparison test, ratio test
- Power series, radius of convergence
- Dot product, equations of planes and projection
- Cross product and its applications
- Parametric curves
- Polar coordinates, polar curves
- Motion in 3 space, arc length
- Partial derivatives
- Local Linearity, tangent plane, differentials
- Gradient, directional derivatives
- Chain rule and implicit differentiation
- Higher order derivatives, taylor polynomials
- Local extrema, characterizing critical points
- Optimization, global extrema
- Constrained optimization, Lagrange multipliers
- The definite integral for functions of two variables
- Iterated integrals, iterated integrals in polar coordinates
- Applications to probability
Prior experience with the Gradarius Calculus Learning Platform, online learning systems and/or online customer service platforms is a plus. Having an advanced degree in Calculus or participating in a Calculus related graduate program is also a plus.
Job Type: Contract
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree
Required Experience: 2 or more years of customer service experience
Far surpassing the limited functionality of paper, Gradarius delivers state-of-the-art capabilities that have eluded math professors, teachers, and tutors for centuries: the ability to immediately offer every student meaningful feedback and guidance during each step.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Gradarius TM and Stepwise Calculus Learning Platform TM are trademarks of Castle Point Learning Systems.